Saturday, October 30, 2010

Reykjavik: A City of Contrasts

I've been asked to guest blog for the amazing tour company that has set up this entire round the world trip for me – Global Basecamps. My first post for their blog was about my cultural walk around Reykjavik, so check it out here . Since this is (shockingly) short post, I thought to myself why not post a few pics of Reykjavik through my eyes. If you wanna see some more, click here (my pics are under the name SDW29ca) for the rest!




Loosely translated: At the harbor, the city has fallen asleep, the small huts/houses/ look like heavenly palaces, but up there in the sky, the northern lights are dancing all night long, naked in the endless sways of the sky. Tomas Grimshaw, Poet of Reykjavik.




Hallgrímskirkja Lutheran Church: This picture does not do it justice, the place is massive – the biggest phallic symbol you'll find in Reykjavik, if you're looking for that sort of thing…




dried eels yum…



 




Laugavegur: the main shopping street in Reykjavik




A small part of Reykjavik harbour.




I love this sculpture, it's dedicated to the Unknown City Servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment